Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_6JlrAaxz-XUwwlr2KVWoP7tOt63OL3fgtx4Rm4wvimNTHQbSlMKDhQ-hhZK5dkEEjFud5>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:41:45 -0700

>>> I've toyed with limiting initiate ability levels to something like
> 20w
>> myself.
>
> I was under the impression that this limitation already existed in the
> rules.

Nope.

In H*W* there *was* a limit of 10w2 on "Initiate of" and the Affinities, but that was removed in H*Q*

And I'm opposed to upper limits of this kind - why should someone be *forced* to advance to to a "higher" level to improve an ability? (Same question for the "You can't raise mundane abiltiies above X" crowd). I want to play a really skilled Initiate, not a Devotee. heck, I'd be forced to give up my fetishes and spells if I had to become a Devotee! (This is where "Game" *will* trump "Rules" IMG if limits are impposed)

RR