Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_y3l0FTffqESOn0WMDDij15DVAzb6EZsZOq7DnMDXaWK4SZv6MGfDhggbQOAmzUuG>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:33:17 -0400

Hang on, I might be misunderstanding something. (And perhaps this goes to the rules list?)

On July 16, 2007 12:54 pm, Chris Lemens wrote:
> On the second point, I would note that popping a fetish is a truly mighty
> magic -- it adds the entire ability (not just a 1/10th augment) to the
> underlying ability.  However, the spirit has to make its way back to the
> user.  I think this is currently fairly balanced in that an initiate can
> improvise any feat any number of times, but suffers a -10 penalty.

However, the animist can use the fetish ability as an active ability at full value any number of times without releasing the fetish, right? Or have I totally misunderstood that?

> But, if
> you don't like that rule, one way to change it might be to say that
> initiates can use an affinity to improvise any feat, but each affinity can
> only generate one feat until the initiate has time to do some sacrifice or
> other to the god in question.  That creates a link back to in-world
> activities and communities, and avoids any sort of arbitrary limit.

Not sure thatis necessary - it does match up a bit more with the Orderly limitation of "only one use until a new liturgy/sacrifice".