Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Paul King <paul_at_Yv_idWWXdcv7i9BvgGRkVmHjPOZ6qyf5RhsA2cXreVFF0T2cK-WmgbgCegspD9_M-pejVgP>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:33:53 +0100

On 16 Jul 2007, at 15:39, Greg Stafford wrote:

> YGWV
>
> Quoting Jeff Richard <richaje_at_aN_bkgCTtieSybtBZp46iLEqqj2DVFx_OSNuMjevyPEzn3D4nfNvf47EjLkP1YgAmC5zGG9XGGfYmjid.yahoo.invalid>:
>> Actually, I suspect that in a future edition of the rules, Initiates
>> will learn feats and devotees will be able to improvise (without
>> penalty).
>
> This is probably what I would prefer, with some kind of limit on the
> number of Initiate feats.
>
> HOWEVER, I am curious to know what peoples' reactions would be to
> this, which is something of a major change.

I'm not sure that ti is a major change. Initiates have the ability to "improvise" a number of feats, but that appears to mean "use actively with a -5 or -10 penalty" - they are still apparently limited to choosing from a list of "known" feats. It seems that the only major change here is that Theists lose some penalties, making them a bit more powerful than they were. (Presumably Initiates would also be able to buy up Feats individually, but that doesn't seem as big a change).