Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Paul King <paul_at__fR7-NEfHuDxZKZ-NWo1PibjtmV1MHrDaWvD_F402_1DDzo5F45zIZOvZqT5cffVIlzP5dj>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:26:19 +0100

On 16 Jul 2007, at 20:52, Greg Stafford wrote:

> Actually, I'm pretty sure it does not say that, but in fact, says the
> oposite: that the listed feats are samples, not definitive. If you an
> find out where the rules say it, Id be appreciative.

I should stress that the limit is not based on the given feats being the only ones available - as I stated it is a limit specifically on Initiates, not on Devotees.

The rule in question (which is not entirely clear) is on p118 "Affinities"
"An Initiate can improvise any named feat in the affiinity (see page 120) as an active ability with a -10 penalty (-5 if he has concentrated his magic use)...".

The key question is what is meant by "named", and IIRC when it was discussed on another list the general sentiment seemed to be that it referred to a limited list of feats, generally - but not necessarily - those listed with the Affinity.