Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: samclau_at_Q0QeWV-OwSdXJRw57fxFeQxaUbzyws-YPebP22qP87HDoTYW7SmL3hJxnkxw2IJWPMa7
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:01:30 -0300

Greg:
> This is a curious thing that happens with writing he rules down. I've
> seen that a lot of people, in character generation, have just copied
> he list of abilities for key words, when it says thy are samples, not
> definitive.

But you create a certain awkward situation with your sample list - is the player going to drop what might be useful? Is the narrator going to be a meanie and allow only a selection? I´d guess that swapsies is more common than adding or subtracting, with feats.

Wrt the personality traits, I think one quite often takes those as signifying something important about the culture, something we'll no doubt discover in play. Some just don't fit and you ditch them. Others sit there and can at times start to look out of place. Perhaps a fairly hefty list would be more useful so you cherry pick.

Finally, the same applies to spirits "1W to 20W". Rolling a die just seems a bit crude, but then so does an arbitrary decision of 5W. If it said on the page "5W", it'd be a fait bit easier.

That might explain some of your observation.

Sam.

Aqui na Oi Internet você ganha ou ganha. Além de acesso grátis com qualidade, ganha contas ilimitadas de email com 1 giga cada uma. Ganha espaço ilimitado para hospedar sua página pessoal. Ganha flog, suporte grátis e muito mais. Baixe grátis o Discador em http://www.oi.com.br/discador e comece a ganhar.

Agora, se o seu negócio é voar na internet sem pagar uma fortuna, assine Oi Internet banda larga e ganhe modem grátis. Clique em http://www.oi.com.br/bandalarga e aproveite essa moleza!