Re: What is said instead of Concentration

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_lSyIUhoDEV4qzS3qC1pCpTw7wEbhsGuZqMNNKHhbif4J6VOPSmXvIOriOhU1mBxcDf>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:57:41 +1000

Ian:
> <snip! - descriptions of concentration rituals>

There are great Ian, and quite helpful.

Chris:
> Maybe they have some special purification ritual they use. Shamans would
> probably encourage anyone that they are taking to the other side to do this ritual,
> since it would make the spirit world home to them. That's probably closer to the
> right answer. I still have a hard time seeing it, but it would mean that those
> people who neer expect to get into any kind of conflict on the other side (i.e.,
> average Jowaha) wouldn't bother with the whole purification in a sweat tent for six
> nights or whatever.

I get the impression that the religious officials might consider concentration a laudable act, that is both pious and practically useful; however I also get the impression that while most people would *like* to be able to concentrate they cannot for reasons of economics or common-magic-dependency.

I suspect a lot of people will be saying "Well OBVIOUSLY" but it wasn't especially obvious to me; previously I had assumed that most people concentrated, then that concentration was a weird socially abberrant thing, now I am seeing it as more like a desirable but not commonly available option.

Is that closer to the intent Greg?

--
John Machin