Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_vesKeTGgyKNnsCk9C7vIsMEsCV0bBMBz9ZEhtffXxmznlsS2uVVuIFylfhRSIe7GkSH>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:24:44 -0000

Robin:

> Which raises the question: why aren't HQ games
> about the sorts of characters who appear as
> protagonists in Greg's fiction?

Which is an important question, I agree. In my case, its because I'm not really interested in those sorts of characters as PCs; they do nothing for me in a role-playing context. If other games differ from Greg's fiction, too, that's probably a reflection of how Glorantha has grown and developed over the years. For most GMs and players, the primary source material isn't Greg's fiction - little of which has been published yet - but various other sources down the years. For some people, that's a good thing, for others, it's doubtless much less so.

Which is not to say that the option shouldn't be there for those who want it (if, indeed, it isn't already; not having tried to run such a game, I have no real opinion on that).

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic