A disciple of Humakt player hero example 1/2

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_9IO1keSWJ2qgeIe2vT6GTdG10acPihb0HIY7CoXfaR_7iSsuW4BdnyvBM7mOgHD38qY>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:18:07 -0000

Ok, here goes a try. (warning, it's long)

Gerlef Ravenswing was originally created as a character for a high level new-years-party-game*. In 1601 Gerlef is a 13 year old member of the Household of Death, a disciple of humakt. He was one of the children at the crowning of Salinarg who were inspired to pledge themselves to Humakt before even their adulthood initiation. They were all adopted by prince Salinarg, so they (and his own children!) wouldn't be strangers. They are the princes most loyal and deadliest followers.

>From the perspective of the onlookers the children were taken to the
Godplane at the crowning. Sme just for a moment, others returned weeks later. From the perspective of the children they lived there years learning deadly skills and feats in exchange for ironbound geasa.

At the New Years game Gerlef (the oldest of the children) was in Alda-Chur as an emissary of the prince, basically to offer his sword if any of the sacred time rituals went wrong. One of them did. In my game the Aldachuri raid Snakepipe Hollow every sacred time to ritually defeat chaos, and this had gone terribly wrong...*

After the heroes in the new years game succesfully raided the hollow, the player wanted to keep the small grim death child as a campaign character. It took me quite a while to figure out how to do it.

The obvious problem is that a disciple, especially one that was just a child when his normal life ended, is pretty much a one trick pony. He has very little flexibility and very few choises in his life. I had to make Gerlef a the Household of Death humakti that breaks the mold. Make him a real Hero infact, and not just a disciple.

Part II on that in a moment

  -Adept