Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_RuHY9XlwRLigSFfTWtQRm0FfFffA1kjXXzIXHvSF52kFrEq_h1DWASw60cB3mJiZ9nv>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 00:34:55 -0000

> > What is probably missing is how to play *H*eroes with less
> > than a few years of campaigning to get to that power level.
>
> The idea that you have to start out weak and only after many years
> become a character worthy of being considered a protagonist is
> outmoded.

I guess I went with this. I've played the "farmboys & -girls on the road to eventual glory" out enough times. Creating heroic scale characters didn't seem to be a problem for the roleplayers in my group. Not everybody likes to play in the big league with the big league problems, but many of my players have both a w2 scale "adventurer" character, and another character that's 15w2 - 10w3... that is, heroic scale. The heroic scale characters tend not to have much social life or chanse to have fun, so they aren't the staple of our games, just what gets played when really big things are happening in my Glorantha.

  -Adept