Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_gxKP3H9eIvkBNpMZgzvCbZAdfaKnLE0d7ORcpgUR75rpP7GIP_c5SoyZ90FniUZnajj>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 06:43:24 -0000

Bryan:
> Personally, I think that the examples in the homelands in HQ may have
> been assigned between talents, feats, charms, and spells without a
lot
> of thought. I think the same effects, with slightly different names,
> would emphasize the difference more.

We treat Common magic as a different type of magic and just ignore any classification into Feats, Talents, Charms, Spells or whathaveyou. Everyone gets it, some people get more than one type, it's compatible with all types of magic and religions and lets us just get on with the game rather than worrying about minutiae.

HeroQuest can be far too complicated than it really needs to be, in my opinion.

See Ya

Simon