Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Rob <lamorak33_at_AtGurdgRPufG78VK_Je8OF9N8t_Oc0ltJJiSYawZ7YEgFqOk2fKAnLpdEdRle5I7cQ>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:40:38 -0000

Actually the 'destiny' paradigm suits rpg very well; not many protagonists know their destiny, and GM's have been railroading players along their authored scenario's for years! If that aint destiny, I dont know what is!! :^)

Real Example:

When I ran my game I quickly realised that the PC's were not at the right level for the game. Heroic characters need a couple of masteries in their signature skills. That way every triumph is not a marginal one on the chart.

A couple of players made up quite dramatic back stories and goals, which carried along the rest of the group; some players seemed to enjoy playing supporting roles to a couple of the central characters, with the natural leader of the group actually being more of a supporting role.

Regards
Rob