Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Ian <ilikemonkeys.geo_at_inx1mUBzlueJZCME_6zOFCBHOuThTkPXqIUu1vCxP0Vz2Q0iydXuni0KkDg>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:52:16 -0000

I... don't see why this is mutually exclusive. Jack of the many fairy tales was a stickpicker, and he's done so many heroic things he makes Argrath look like a stay at home. The hero of the Lord of the Rings was a stupid whiny hobbit - the Demigod and the Hairy, Manly King were his supporting cast. The Mouse and His Child, The Brave Little Toaster, Ron Stoppable, Beatpot - so many truly heroic characters and stories who are the more heroic because they can't crush the thrones of the world beneath their sandaled heel. I'm heartily sick of every game expecting me to start out just this side of omnipotent or presenting that as an obtainable goal. I want to start out as Clever Jack, and not grow in power, but still take it to the limit on the heroing.

Just keepin' things balanced! :)