Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_NuXG1mKphh_2yGkpJC77xPhLQ2TVhn4GFJlt23qmTZWF1Yh93FLlcQZy_WM0R2Gf>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:17:18 -0400

I'm kind of in agreement with this. I don't think all worshippers of someone with a "Combat" affinity should have the same magic.

I happen to LIKE the idea of an affinity with infinitely improviseable feats... but it doesn't seem to make sense in the world.

One option is that an Initiate has total variablity and then Devotees go down a step and then Disciples are locked in. There would need to be some corresponding increase in power for sacrificing flexibility, I would think.

The other is that it goes the other way - Initiates are limited to direct mimicking and Devotees and Disciples begin to be able to use "Wind" in ways unheard of.

I don't know which would make more sense "Gloranthically".