Re: Ernalda Options

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_a4DCe-_YbmgZlylErCi7AxNqce3ZxRfepgl-cYD4430DucfTMUV21b61AeLAGoUx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:35:00 -0400

Oh I wouldn't. And, to defend Edwards a bit, he doesn't limit it to that either. He does point out that it is a major and common theme. You can argue with Campbell all you want, but it's not like his hero journey *isn't* a repeated theme. (It's by no means the only one, of course.)

Now, from what Ernalda has been portrayed as, and what little we've seen of her - she SHOULD have some of these myths. Absolutely. In my view she should ALSO have myths about how she is the actual crucial force in the universe. She is the steady pole that solves things, that pushes them in the right direction. She may not go out and do certain things, but without her will guiding the solutions, the solutions do not happen.

And, of course, I suspect the Orlanthi myths about her vary according to the type of clan. (In emphasis at least.) Esrolian vs Heortling vs Syllian vs Tarsh (both old and new), etc.

As for the separation between her and Maran Gor and the like... I think that might be an Orlanthi (or possibly Heortling/Alkaoring) issue. Orlanth is allowed his dark side, hers is split off. It is possible that in other areas they are viewed more as one entity.

LC