Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_YVj59BQJN3i9O2ITFkqViXK_RCilvJoE1n3DQPAUiRLSCKsRJT4pj3uH-jkZfrp3>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:04:39 -0400

I'm with this.

I have little problem with setting one to a "default", of course, but I'd like clear rules on setting it to different levels. The system is so scaleable that it seems like it shouldn't be that hard.

Most of my games played using HQ as an engine I have tweaked chargen because the players wanted to play movers and shakers rather than small starting heroes.

I've fiddled with different solutions.

Hell, one I used was the straight up chargen rules with a Mastery added.

i.e. - small fry starting out 13 and 17 as written.
i.e. - bigger fish: 13W and 17W.
i.e. - hot shots 13W2 and 17W2
i.e. - Scary Heroes of Doom 13W3 and 17W3.

Figuring out what to do with advancement remained something of a problem, but it worked ok to start. (The game died when I moved, so I can't really tell you how it played out.)