Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_beUxbzgEpE2heQND0KGTTIm3yg9U3CI7xbHV2UDQG1vcorgR-WvKCaJScLXls5Eo8vF-n>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:00:03 -0700

Interesting examples. I am not so certain you can lend charms, though. Didn't
we go through this earlier on one of the lists? I can't remember how it played out.

I think I suggested that (for fetishes) the Lender needs to convince the Spirit (via "Friendship with Spirit") that it should aid the Lendee. Charms - hmm, I could see a group going either way - either you can loan charms with no problem (which might include looting charms from opponent's bodies), or not allowing a "loan", only a "gift". it gets evenb more complicated if the charm is "outside" the user's Practice/Tradition - could a Praxian use a Hsunchen charm?

The rules don't state either way (for any of the possibilities above).

RR