RE: Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_CDX7nmWeuIYPROI27EdAIkBlPhc_pJUjAwKRFhrkoCXa6dYYtX2C3KGNiaMsdvjcMbKV>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:00:26 -0300

LC:
> The thing is, I don't think DnD handles the MPM problem that well, either.

Better than HQ. I don't really want to start defending a game I haven't played for twenty years, though.

> Hmmm.. I don't think this is true. Why can't everyone in HQ lob a
> slingshot?
> (You might suck, but that's ok, same thing in DnD.) I don't
> really see how it
> is any harder to do.

Sure, everyone can, as an augment. No roll, no hit or miss, just a +2. Like lending someone your +2 sword in DnD. Unless it's a group extended contest (or you roll for an augment, but people tend not to).

Sam.