Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_C6iOWGrMqN_yBptQjwEEH2t6VEoYMQDPnJYHkc_OQafpuZ_WDkQ7wpLjmjd4vu45TY7sp>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:41:04 -0000

I'd be very wary of letting someone loot charms or fetishes. They are not grenades or blaster-packs or the like. They are religious objects to a great extent. One might use magic to force them into service or they might work once and then go free but...

...using a strange fetish I have taken from a man I'd killed scares the willies out of me. When I my players have tried it, the results have ranged from negative augments to giant face-eating wraiths attacking a group in mid combat - but that may have been due to lack of preparation and complacency on their part (or that they were all theists).

I personally don't think that a lewted fetish is like the proverbial +2 sword - cast Identify and you're good to go. But YGMV. =)

Jeff