RE: Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_P3IpDeSZj0mRYPiBWkY-cN7mVSMvv4nJWc9OyeFlNGMDItasF6ScctCpWo0RhGG-5jcH>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:45:15 -0300

Brian:
> I'm not saying it's possible every time. Sometimes players are going to
> get to the climax and just watch, even when given the chance to do
> something important and exciting. But, again, I don't see as how that's
> possibly a game system thing... it's a game *play* thing and no system
> is immune to it.

You know that isn't entirely true. Everyone always being involved is, for example, an explicit feature of game design in CAPES. The mechanics of that wouldn't transport over to HQ directly, but it is an issue which can be addressed in game design. HQ has it to some degree in the group extended contest option, but we can sill run into the problem of disparate character goals, as has been discussed before, somewhere.

Sam.