Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_aJSg50K5_yxOoZSLl0DUHBJiVXAVe9up0YfQVlsfMVHD_z-PB4q9LqFSqpvAboZ2>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:16:01 -0000

> HQ takes this approach), it's important that readers be able to deduce
> what the spell does from the name. And that requires simple,
> relatively unambiguous names. There's no point having rules if nobody
> can understand them.

To borrow a Forgeism, the game system and game world description are tools for building a social contract. I don't want to spend an hour or so discussing what this feat can or can't do, or how to resolve that kind of contest, every single fricking game session for a whole campaign. And yet that's what I ended up doing.

I want those several days worth of game time back, plus the time spent discussing such things online, and in the pub.

Simon Hibbs

P.S. Actually, I don't mind the time spent in the pub.