Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_dhOPrk7cUJacPcZ3uRzTVKKzjI7R4boPhw2-TZ3zeRq1Z9arGCWuwuJ1IhtHZVuF>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:45:41 -0000

> To borrow a Forgeism, the game system and game world description are
> tools for building a social contract. I don't want to spend an hour or
> so discussing what this feat can or can't do, or how to resolve that
> kind of contest, every single fricking game session for a whole
> campaign. And yet that's what I ended up doing.

I'd like to moderate my tone a little here. To be fair to HeroWars/Quest I probably spent as much, or even more time discussing complex rules issues in RQ2 and 3. It just seems like a retrograde step to on the one hand provide a relatively simple and flexible rules set to save on rules problems, yet then open up a whole new category of alternative interpretations, complication and misunderstanding.

Simon Hibbs