Re: Detail with magic & rules for the same

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_zfWqYyiaxEeX9e21wjr4jJQim0HBV0ARsvBazd2zFRJXMf9-ogihi7w_3IqGzcDx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 23:19:53 -0000

> I wish there will continue to be lots and lots of detail on how magic
> works on Glorantha. Limitations of various types of magic are at least
> as interesting as their actual powers.
>
> I'm really interested in learning what are the strengths and
> weaknesses of wizadry/veneration vs. Theism vs. Animism vs. manifest
> mysticism... and so on.

OK but how about if I substitute wizardry, theism and animism in that sentence with unarmed combat, persuasion and seamanship?

I agree that the differences between the magical worlds are interesting and worth exploring in the game, but I don't see why that necessitates extra rules for how abilities are gained, annotated, improved and applied compared to any other abilities.

Simon Hibbs