Re: A few thoughts still on chaos

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_sVeqJJuoYx62QD18W54ADkCztIeaWEtDmz1RMSIm9AO-to_gWWasMJb-meg3>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:52:21 +0000 (GMT)

> First, I don't think Odaylans are supposed to steal the intrinsic
> qualities of their prey. I think they are supposed to do the peaceful
> cut thing, respectfully sending the quintessence of brother elk back to
> the source of elkiness in the world. It is both about ensuring that
> there will be elk to hunt in the future, and about showing respect for
> brother elk (who has after all agreed to be hunted and be your food) by
> showing reverence and apreciation for this gift, and by taking no more
> than you need.

to quote ST p143

"Odaylans often engage in hunting quests: formal, magical journeys in the wilderness. The goal of these quests is not to kill the beast for food, but to gain greater understanding of it. If the quest is successful, the hunter usually returns with a Beast Charm"

The cult write up is clear that they are meant to do that. :-)

But only in the context of a formal hunting quest and with the assistance of a Kolating shaman. What happens if they try it outside this context is anyone's guess :-)