Re: A few thoughts still on chaos

From: ileskela <ileskela_at_-_-QsofOWy-C7Xf_lV_Q3XR8L7h0uLiq6-lJe4JQh3zPA-6msekv4iEcK9oQQhLyICb>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:31:08 -0000

> >But there are enough examples in published sources of good
> >cultists becoming chaotic in secret and staying in their
> >cult to oppose the idea of immediately losing all magic and
> >all contact with the deity.

> You might be better off listing these examples. The only
> ones I can think of are Humakti whose god does not oppose
> chaos.

What comes instantly to my mind is the adventure "A Year of Chaos" in Barbarian Adventures.

POSSIBLE SPOILER HERE! DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY THE ADVENTURE AND LIKE PUZZLES! Based on this adventure it seems (to me) obvious that someone can knowingly and intentionally worship Chaos without the gods, ancestors, wyter, or living members of the clan noticing this person.

Of course, the person worshiping Chaos may not be an initiate. But the position and aspirations of this noted person makes me to believe this person will actually be an initiate of some Orlanthi god. I've understood every adult in the society is.

So, this person has a connection to a god, who is not automatically able to tell that this person also worships Chaos. Did I get it right?

-ILe