Re: Humakt, kinship & incest

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_CDVxmn7iOQhV8a-OfCyTBxiLC_YBbstGsVWOKk9ApGtg4M-KBNpD0cuGiDQVog_a>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:17:35 -0000

Michael Hitchens :

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Greg Stafford wrote:
>
> > YGWV
> >
> >> What I meant was: would one of the
> >> couple being a humakti void the prohibition against incest.
> >
> > As long as the severing was complete, yes.
> > The Humakti is no longer kin.
> > He's dead, too, actually.
> >
> > And btw, that being dead part is why Humakti are incapable of
having children.

> Thanks
>
> Michael

Michael, just remember that anything to do with Humakt is exceedingly complex, but at the same time almost elementally simple.

Not to contradict Greg here in any way, but there are some VERY odd individual Humakti out there --- in one game I ran, a character gained a deep affinity with Humakt when the big H _personally_ attempted to take the character's life ... and failed ! So he was clearly destined to be a Humakti, without having to suffer the usual anti-Fertility handicaps...

I think I would paraphrase Greg by pointing out that on the one hand there are general rules for standard Humakti ... and then you have the Player Character types ;-)

Julian Lord