Re: How rare is it to know the secret of a god?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_qqxxO3sPol_YZzp0Fq1G6XG6oyhjt1sgRHlBoQkj00EHH2KOAfw8_kPtfswu-dSB3XeZk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:58:45 -0700

> I'll tell you whose secret is rare indeed, if played by the rules. Valere
> Addis. If I remember correctly, in order to learn her secret, you first
> have to attain a high position in a lunar cult, devote a bucketload of
> heropoints, then join Valere Addi, abandon your old cult, squander those
> magical affinities/feats/grimoires you had in your old cult, become and
> ordinate raise Valeres affinities to 1W2 and then use 3 heropoints to
> learn
> her secret. That's because only ordinates can learn secrets and ordinates
> have to forget all magic that is not from their own lunar immortal.
>
> That's what the rules imply. How well does this model Glorantha?

VA is an extremely rare cult. But you don't have to go through all that rigamarole you give above. VA was a "natural" - ab;le to understand Illumination without any training. And that's the only requirement to join VA - be "Be approved by the illumination council". Yes, you *could* have gotten there through "high position in a lunar cult", or you could be a "natural", too.

RR