Re: Real World Vingans

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_yAHkD_cQYVuHGepBrWCkvBasEemOJWdSuPW_JxdGN1xSqa9ygfKGy67WLc5wGBPXoWL>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:26:27 -0000

[Donald]
> I'm of the view that many more women learn weapon handling than just
> Vingans. Not that it makes them warriors any more than the average
> male Orlanthi is. But they add to they fyrd and can pick up a spear
> to defend their stead if it's attacked.

I agree. The majority of heortling women aren't great warriors, but I'm sure they have courage and enough skill with easy-to-use weapons like spears, knives and axes. They will defend their homes and families from robbers and wolves, instead of being the stereotypical helpless females of some stories and cultural memes.

  -Adept