Re: What is said instead of Concentration

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_MmKroPI7rW7iQZZaRPnrL_0OCxmn_BGk__eVip5Ts9gdDYCbMqw3hkS8rRNMA-zu_fWru>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:18:10 -0700

> Converting to HQ changed this. As far as our GM and we could tell,
> devotion was now a private deal between worshipper and deity. So
> suddenly all of us have reusable rune-magic, and had probably had it
> for some time.
>
> I wouldn't mind a return of the Examiners. It was fun, believable, and
> felt Gloranthan. And besides, it generated some pretty neat
> roleplaying. It also underlined how dependent our heroes was on having
> ties to their community. (As opposed to "Okay mr GM, I just made lvl
> 10, fork over the neat special abilites!")

It sounds like the narrator just let you start as devotees (a perfectly valid way of proceeding, except that you didn't want that). According to the "Entry requirements (HQ 118), "he must pass difficult tests given *not just by the temple hierarchy* but by the deity as well'. (Emphasis mine). So what you're looking for is there (including the trip to the otherworld to see your God and Devote tourself to him).

The actual contest is on page 119 (for those that don't want to roleplay it).

RR