Re: How rare is it to know the secret of a god?

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_T5XIB00ilcvICZJRYGXkHu4AvjzNaS8iKlSyK__XYiH8tX-pqZBaJPWYvScFdJJdLyu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:38:29 -0000

Greg:

> > > I'd think that attaining Solace (without dying first, at any rate)
> > > would be a Great Secret. But, yes, I think you're probably right.
> >
> That's not a Great Secret.
> Joy is to experience Solace for the moment of bliss while worshiping.

Yes, that's true. I was thinking of attaining it and staying there - which is described as a Great Secret on HQ p. 109, and as something that is 'normally' only achieved when you die (implying that it's at least possible, if very, very, unlikely, to do so before hand). The experience of Solace achieved through Joy isn't even a Secret, of course, in the rules sense.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic