Re: Outlawry

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_L0Vh6O7F269SsxlpfRT4kcOXht9c37iNKs8KVu_Beek5YJnXPvC3ELHBAPhWhAQMCGmAjYg>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:00:04 -0700

YGWV Quoting Simon Phipp <soltakss_at__yeXU5ON_1vI4KfHhVkImKylLVMrGJZHKU8k4M2FpjoXv6sT2LCwDn34b3cW98lFdAsiv9RQMl33.yahoo.invalid>:

> Adept:

>> Theism needs sacrifice. You won't be there for the holy day
>> ceremonies. I'm pretty sure that will mess up your connection to your
>> god, at least at some level.

The fundamental part of the outlawry and breaking relationship with the gods is that the outlawing informs the immortals that the person is no longer worthy of the deities' attention.

> Maybe, if your cult is entirely clan-based. If you worship Destor the
> Adventurer, then you can worship at any Destor temple quite happily.
> I'm sure that some bandit groups will have shrines set up to their
> favourite deities.

An outlaw could go to the temple, make sacrifices, etc., but ifhis link to the god is broken then it is worthless.

> OK, you are not going to be able to worship very local deities as an
> outlaw, but most Thunder Tribe deities should be fine.

Not if a formal outlaw curse has been laid upon the person.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford