Re: Outlawry 5

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_mMf3NUXSGLLfRuKlspAgR0Ka1kE3zBsfz9SOUfLHIMGqb_y93Z8W5gEhYfwLqOMf6IyP28J>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:12:17 -0700

YGWV Quoting David Weihe <blerg2_at_JXD9nFDOAnhw3jW_II9--B3cEhbsFlW25WlVRZ89WlZJ0VACdVxAVr4Yxmkng1AIVh1xMWNb0Rc0.yahoo.invalid>:

> "valkoharja" <rintasaa_at_9Nf_eLsfT5Xq10OM4qvXA5FHYnycG1Nc-T1lZqtQ7LylEabFu3NtRqnhl8oZ7h6qh27ufGdw0dw563_ICg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>> Donald_at_... wrote:
>> > Someone outlawed by the tribe or for political reasons
>> > won't be cut off at all.

I see now that Donald was probably referring to this, the criminal condemnation by an outsider (Lunars).
I have been using Outlaw in the formal Orlanthi sense.

>> Theism needs sacrifice. You won't be there for the holy day
>> ceremonies. I'm pretty sure that will mess up your connection
>> to your god, at least at some level.
>
> Fortunately, there are lots of unused altars hidden in the woods, on
> hilltops, or in old EWF or even GodTime ruins. If they haven't been
> formally outlawed (the initial premise),

i.e. - declaed criminals by the Lunars

> they might be able to convince
> a godi to help them (ala Friar Tuck) restart worship at the new altar.

Probably so. Common among the people who have left their homes.

> The smaller number of worshippers reduces a lot of the available
> general benefits, but would allow a person to maintain his/her
> connection with the Other Side.

Yes.

> I assume that this is how Hendrik and Harmast functioned, back when.

Yes. They were not outlaws, but refugees.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford