Re: Dragonship Drydocks

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_cxi6bfUm8x9XyBpreXYesRrflGbYWOlIpIUqU_CEMtdu3066IGt7-0jYFisPLqETZgCsAr7>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:20:49 -0700

YGWV Quoting valkoharja <rintasaa_at_-VLdTgi3nr8ySR7v2syhh0vYee8WZ0Me8X6RrlMAvDXZYi8EXieWBh5zo-1q1rAG4EfLzljzpnFuOtXzg-A.yahoo.invalid>:

> Clearly a case of Your Gloranta Will Vary. I find such a take on the
> term drydock needlessly confusing, but each GM to his/her own.

I think this is a ESL problem, a translation difficulty.

A drydock is a structure that is used to repair ships. The ship sails in, the dock is sealed closed, the ship is blocked under the hull, and the water is pumped out.

It is dry.

The hull is repaired.
the dock is reflooded, gates opened, ship sails out.

That is the term I have in mind when I speak of the the Waertagi drydocks.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford