Re: Pamaltela & Horses

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_DKLDa0a-BqUA2G9Gg3FzxDrf5aSC29d6v4hnkiulWFRcDY-SnBjpafhUo63fZpu4KrJe-IA>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:07:43 -0700

YGWV
> If Pamaltela has no grass what do horses commonly eat for fodder?

Pamalela is bad for hoses all around. They eat ferns and similar plants that grow there. These are inferior in food quality for the equines

> I've heard that Pamaltela is unhealthy for horses, is this because of some
form of horse-flu

The horses, weakened by lousy food, are subject to many diseases.

> and if so why is Pamaltela so hostile to horses? Is there a mythic
> reason for this?

It's not a deliberate hostility. Horses are not native to the continent. They don't have food. They starve. It's nothing that Pamalt did deliberately.

Once the northerners came with horses there was reason, but no need to make hostile repercussions.

There are not real native beasts of burden in my Pamalela.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford