Re: Pamaltela & Horses

From: David Dunham <david_at_upe1cxdHpshbUoFk_F8jIA3G0W5qjvgIP_Tp-tnaudYs2qXr8o6ISF7i_2Q7o14APr34Nd>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:49:33 -0700

Greg

> > why is Pamaltela so hostile to horses? Is there a mythic
> > reason for this?
>
>It's not a deliberate hostility. Horses are not native to the
>continent. They don't have food. They starve. It's nothing that Pamalt
>did deliberately.

My vague recollection is that it was something Hon Hoolbiktu did deliberately.

++++
Sandy Petersen, 4 Jun 1997:

>horses get sick on the plains of Jolar quickly.

        This is probably just a superstition, because we know that horses are used
to this day in the parts of Jolar nearest Fonrit. Anyway, it was not the case in the Second Age. Perhaps one of Hon Hoolbiktu's Dooms was a horse-afflicting disease, carried by some insect or worm indigenous to the plains.
++++

--

David Dunham