Differences between Sartar and Heortland

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_FTQZzSpr_dzsoR_17zJGF8Ey2OV2oSV4qaHoad6Tu2hB8BjO9TqtMqZG4hR3Shntiu_>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:11:28 -0000

I'm looking at the differences and similarities there in 1600 ST, and wondering what should be the most obvious ones coming from Sartar to Heortland.

The Esvulari are different of course, but they are the southernmost tribe, so their influence up north would be very low. I remember something about them having a presense and influense in the coastal areas and the cities (why is this?) even up north though. Are they more of a sailing culture than the heortlings? Do the heortlings of Heortland have any viking style boat-building and sailing traditions?

The presense of the pharaoh is obvious, but Sartar also has a powerful unifying presense in his kingdom. I'm not sure if the living god harmonising trade and magic is all that alien to the sartarites, at least in his concrete effects.

Am I missing something obvious? I guess there's a big difference between the bustling and urban coast, and with the more traditional highlands up near the Stormwalk mountains.

  -Adept