Re: Outlawry

From: Paul King <paul_at_8WxYED2E9Fw-WI22fgDO8wiaUK-WVlI7jZkn8MzhGxedAe55U5NReza2VOMt8h7rq7K7wsO>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 23:15:06 +0100

On 1 Aug 2007, at 22:54, Rob wrote:

> However, outlawry and a clan cutting you off from your magic smacks of
> excomunication. I guess thats just not how I like to view the
> Heortling
> culture. However I guess it does answer why outlaws worship gods like
> Gargarth.

I see it as part of being cut off from the community - and the larger Storm Tribe. Perhaps it requires the outlaws kin - or at least some of them - to willingly and sincerely participate in the ritual. What if one doesn't wish to let go of the relationship ? And Orlanth might not always agree with the declaration. Nobody can make you do anything. Orlanth isn't the sort of God to do as his worshippers tell him all the time.