Question re: three worlds interaction

From: Ian <ilikemonkeys.geo_at_kFtjw2cQMqStyouVkJrYeRmHOXN-L45OTRD6OTCfXob9iyusb75fBY0edc4>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:06:27 -0000

There are some spoilers for Drokionvedu in this thread, so Perry, just skip it for now, ok?

Is it possible for the child of a goddess to be an essence? I know that anything is possible in the myths of a people, but is it possible for something like this to be *right*?

My players are currently faced with an Aquan Zaltys, one of the water serpent (made of water, that is) children of Upes Lika, the old Seshnegi Mother of Rivers. It's currently living in their town's well, and isn't letting anyone get near it. Local stories talk about something like this happening in the past, and how the brave heroes of the time lured the Zaltys into a large urn filled with Sweetwater, which is Pure Essence Water.

While there are a number of solutions to their problem, including reenacting  the myth, the nature of these solutions is going to change slightly depending on if this is a Spirit, a God, or an Essence. I'm curious as to what the Sorceror is going to see when he uses Symbolic Sight on the wee beastie. Also, if the child of a goddess must be a Daimone or God, then it probably doesn't want to go into into Essence Water but God Water, instead. Does it want Prayers or Sacrifice? I'd prefer it to be an Essence, and may Vary My Glorantha despite the correct answer, but am looking for the "correct" answer before applying MY answer.