Re: lunars and the other otherworlds

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_GUNvO8MdZh3arZ9Ib2iX-m16hG3JjUtpvh5lUqBx0eDBbITmf7cbw1pCdlQdyWbjdW96fsY>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 21:44:23 -0700

YGWV I still do not have my reference books handy, but I have a few minutes to reply to one part of this intriguing query.

Quoting danguillou <dguillou_at_a31FhShAmKpZQgft0mHvNe_fm2BT0NhDBjfUGmup8oP4D5ZMRlCKKd7n4xO5egrLO3M7fUrI65IrgU7INmVx.yahoo.invalid>:

> Jakaleeli shamans are equally at home in the lunar otherworld and on
> the spirit plane,
> right? Now I wonder...

That is right.
She is a peculiar exception to the "Lunars are ONLY from the Moon" rule.

> Are there other lunar denominations that have a special relationship
> to a specifik
> otherworld? There are three ones in particular that I'm curious about.
>
> The Cerise Church and other wizard schools in the ruby religion. Can
> they read/use/learn/
> steal stuff from the sorcerous otherworld?

I think so, and Malkioni sorcerers can steal and use the Lunar sorcery. With appropriate modifies, of course.

> Can they go to the nodes?

Sure. Heck, anyone can go to the nodes. With the Alien Modifier, of course.

> (Hey, whatabout
> Irrippi Ontor, what does he use that "Read Malkioni Magical Text" for?)

To read Malkioni texts, of course. He's a scholar god, and his subjects try to learn every language that they think they can learn something from.

> Hon-Eel and Deezola seems to have a very special relationship with
> earth religion. Do their
> priestesses get alien world penalties when doing earthy theistic stuff?

Yes, they do.

> (Or is that a special
> power that their ordinates can heroquest for?)

Is what a special power?

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.