Re: What is below Elmal?

From: ileskela <ileskela_at_xKgTQXTmtNJLk6Kk8r_DTjdkm3mXwocEZFjAOYDEQ1wJvNi8mB9q8aPW5ez442VdOsU>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 19:20:22 -0000

David Dunham wrote:

> I just uploaded "elmal.jpeg" to the files section.
>
> My question: what is Elmal standing above? A serpent?
> Water? Furrows? Theories welcome!

As we can see his feet, we know this is not Elmal himself, but a hero emulating Elmal on a heroquest. The rune of light on his chest tells us he is controlling rune powers.

The zigzag under his feet shows the heroplanes, intertwined and ever-changing, forming knots of power. The fact that he stands on top of this all, surrounded by a halo, informs us that he managed to pass all the confusion, and rose to the hight of Elmal himself.

So, this has to be a major quest, possibly the very forming of a new hero path.

The rune of sky/fire in the left lower corner of the stone, in the middle of the intertwined heroplanes, shows that our Elmali hero has risen over the tribe Elmal once belonged to. As there is no single enemy, but a rune, this underlines the spiritual and self-understanding nature of the quest/hero path.

Ergo, this stone memorizes a quest where an Elmali hero proved the powers of Elmal, rose above the confusion and Elmal's past within the Fire Tribe, and brought the light to his people.

Alternatively, almost the same interpretation can be used to interpret the stone as depicting the quest of Monro when he understood the nature of his new god.

-ILe