Re: lunars and the other otherworlds

From: Dan Guillou <dguillou_at_9KpV4bIyEsg2L38HkybmevjH0AsB6EbJ60gkvERvtCD7obeC11nT6xHrCuYPW33dpFS>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:09:45 +0200

Me:
 >> Jakaleeli shamans are equally at home in the lunar otherworld  >>and on the spirit plane, right? Now I wonder...

Greg
> That is right.
> She is a peculiar exception to the "Lunars are ONLY from the
> Moon" rule.

Umm... I had a look through ILHB2 and found a couple of others. Arimtasus, the Red Manimat, is either a lunar immortal, or a majestic spirit of the SurEnslib tradition. Or both, I guess. Blaskarth, steed of the goddess, is also Huvaran, death of the Rinliddi?
Chaghatishi Moon-Bow is a lunar immortal, but with special magic that allows you to interact with spirits and the animistic otherworld without penalties.
Makabaeus place on the otherside is both an essence node on the Moon, and a Makabaeus node on the Saint Plane, apparently. Undrendrum, the Red Falcon, is both a lunar immortal, and a member of the Rinliddi pantheon.
So, Jakaleel isn't all that exceptional, is she? In fact, it seems that there are hardly any ethnical pantheon within lunar empire, that doesn't have go-between, compromising the old ways and the new lunar way.

Me:
 >> Can they go to the nodes?

Greg:
> Sure. Heck, anyone can go to the nodes. With the Alien Modifier,
> of course.

Okay, sorry that I was unclear. I knew that. What I meant, was "Can they go to the sorcerous nodes without the Alien Modifier?" Apparently not. (Except for those Makabaeus guys?)
I have to say though, that to me it still seems reasonable that an senior Cerisian would have less trouble navigating the nodes, than an (equally senior) follower of HonEel. I dunno... maybe they get an equal -W penalty, and then finds that all the HonEel abilities are meaningless, but many of the Cerisian abilities applies.

Me:

 >> Hon-Eel and Deezola seems to have a very special relationship
 >> with earth religion. Do their priestesses get alien world penalties
 >> when doing earthy theistic stuff?

Greg:
> Yes, they do.

Me:
 >> (Or is that a special
 >> power that their ordinates can heroquest for?) Greg:
> Is what a special power?

Sorry again for unprecise wording.
Is "the ability to enter earth-related theistic otherworlds without penalties, as if they actually belonged there", a special power that their ordinates can heroquest for?
No, strike that. Is the ability to properly/legitimately/fully belong to a specific earthy theistic otherword, a special power that their ordinates can hq for?

Cheers,
Dan Guillou