Re: "Proactive" spirits?

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_XbQUjzVLItLMRmLp_G111xKJ35lAE-eYVYFQX6EOmJeDvUdwEWcPM3y4eR1bzDCiLq-C>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:47:27 +0800

Probably a long-dead thread, but:

On 7/9/07, Sam Elliot <samclau_at_Qqiu8dEXJVi199ZPUs_RdcvXc1luYCLT6afryVAot-UcFrlGIHfWivn1PLAST6TSCtMu4gpCWNc.yahoo.invalid> wrote: ...
> Yes, it is probably these specific agenda(s?) I'm wondering about. I agree
> that they may have the full range of motives but I can't quite work out how
> some of them apply, except for the ancestor business.
> Power then. Is it really so important to a spirit? Maybe. Is interaction
> with the mundane world going to help them achieve whatever it is they need
> to do in their own world, as is the case in reverse?

I don't know how this works in "official" Glorantha, but in my Glorantha, Otherworld spirits are bound by the Compromise and don't really change what they are. Their goals are to be the best or most powerful at what they are. A forest spirit then it interested in the well-being or "forestness" of one or more forests (depending on how localized it is). I don't know what the White Bull's agenda is, but lacking a more official answer, if it became important in my game, right now I'd say its agenda is to expand its sphere of influence, which is "Prax-ness," the spread of the Praxian/beast rider ways (which is in opposition to Pavis, to Lunar interference, to Sartar invasiveness, etc.).

Thanks,
Andy