Re: Material on God Forgot, and comments on "Clanking City"

From: donald_at_7zCHQ9jN6EY-TCTe_5grPKv5sqDV-ACPKWsJfaaJgMwTA5iYXEAkVvAKJB3dvHpcD0hKW
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:24:07 GMT

In message <Pine.GSO.4.61.0708141019260.16836_at_stekt1> Olli Kantola writes:
>On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, valkoharja wrote:
>
>> I've been looking for sources and inspiration and sources on God
>> Forgot, Refuge and the Clanking City. Does somebody here own the
>> Mongoose Clanking City book and have some opinions to offer on it?
>
>I'd advice you to stick to Middlesea Empire, because it holds all the
>Glorantha lore needed. The Mogoose book is filled with details that won't
>survive to see the Third Age and most of it doens't say Glorantha for me.
>I didn't like Clanking City at all, though I like this version more than
>the one that was published before in some fanzine.

I'd agree it's very much a 2nd Age sourcebook but it does detail what was there when it was a living city rather than a ruin. Which in turn gives some good ideas of what a hero is likely to find when they search the ruins. I liked it enough to buy it which is more than can be said for most of the Mongoose books.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/