Re: Moon Design - Printing update

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_efwmDDRr7Ap3PwXm8vY_02cXKLzbkd7hp5lbVEAalbbVMQNreVE-WZKNGeqn7bhEO8F>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:45:11 -0000

> Yet in the Great Arthur Campaign you get the main protagonists
> stats, why not with HQ and all its scale-ability. HQ has been out
> for years now. So much for moving up the scale.

Hear, hear!

One of my favorite fantasy settings, Terry Amthor's Shadow World has published statistics for truly epic characters, and even the gods of the setting (like greek gods, personal and active). This doesn't mean that every campaign is expected to pit the PCs against minor gods, but my GM has been really pleased (and yes, they have had their uses).

Some here seem to think that the stats of Yareel and Beat Pot are only relevant if the player heroes are powerful enough to take them on one-on-one. Since when is this the way to deal with powerful people? The power of Yareel allows her to be impulsive and dramatic, but if the player heroes need to oppose her the ansver lies in preparation, teamwork and lots and lots of support.

I hope we can stop sidestepping these things with "our gamesystem is so advanced you don't need thins thing you think you need". It's getting old.

  -Adept