Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_36ezIUzuX11fDsejErrs52PBODhNn_vlV11inpeW4Gz-lZmqI-p-clf0NY6embIy9Iws0>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 20:58:29 -0000

Truly, you have no idea how ugly it can become. Particularly if someone's particular favorite doesn't get "fair" treatment...!

> However, I have to say that I find potential plot hooks a lot less
> interesting than a character's stats, and not because I want a bag
of
> numbers to throw at PCs. I find plot hooks "confine creativity" (to
> tell the truth, I find most of them of little use) whereas abilities
> and their ratings give me the tools I need while making few or no
> assumptions about how my game works.

I prefer to have a detailed background. That provides me with far more plot hooks than a bucket of numbers - numbers I would have to adjust to my group's capability or skills I would disagree with.

But that's just me.

Jeff