Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at__jurOf2sZbVvyd1IIdm9mKM-feofcgZIB7vcn_5dRHYAcjNssJ1pEtOF2BtIlZrW>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:11:51 -0400

In my Karse game, which was set in 1619, just after the invasion by Fazzur, the players got involved in various ways with the fact that the Crimson Bat was being summoned to attack WhiteWall. One was a sorcerer with a connection to chaos. Another was a LM initiate, outlawed due to a false prophecy. A third was a merchant with ties to Kallyr and a possible lead on The Clock of Night and Day (which could possibly have turned the tide of the war). One was an initate of Natha who had decided that the use of Chaos was unbalancing; The Lunar Way was Good, the Lunar Empire was tipping over into Evil. And finally there was a heroic member of the Karse city guard, just trying to keep the peace.

They knew nothing of Glorantha in detail. They didn't know that the Bat attack on Whitewall fails. They just knew it was awful, it was coming, and in various ways became in positions to maybe do something about it.

I wasn't going to change canon, but what they did was going to influence what REALLY happened the day the Bat was defeated by Broyan.

I happen to like that kind of story, but that's just me.