Re: EpicCharacter Traits

From: Ian Borchardt <iborchar_at_Czwzaf5QmU75-NasJ2SNeBu6MUvRFdy_CK-J4GsA4N3lnebYyts5LwyqejvJrCOhNgj>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:05:37 +0930

I think there is an even simpler reason for having a list of epic character stats. Players, being people, are always interested in seeing how their characters compare to the "iron standard." Of course they are generally going to be worse off, but it's fun to say that if I only had another w3 in thumb-wrestling I'd give Harrek a run for his money...

Although, in HQ it is admittedly harder to make a direct comparison than in Pendragon and BRP/RQ.

As to the counter argument of changing the canon campaign: if the players can't change the campaign, can't leave their mark on it, then why are they playing in it at all? It is extremely unlikey that a group of players could seriously incovenience one of the epic characters (remember they didn't get where they were by being dumb and they have considerable resources to call upon, and failing that *running away to fight another day*). But if they do, they've _earned_ the change in the campaign.

--
Ian Borchardt    (iborchar_at_F8As7Mzj83hXdvD9C2iXOSi9xynfq_b3E3AdEjSU5kCnr--jyt2LGDJp6m8B9o2UVr-1E4U2pSYbgdu3.yahoo.invalid)
Philosoph, Fool, and Magician