Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_JndkcSYTRKWawuGDn_3CpDW10DUkTLYCYAY0yERRLaBtUnWl5HNTFgn0M0BU6DmgU3A>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:22:12 -0000

This is just one way of playing a game with a timeline. One that I don't personally enjoy. When I run my game the past is the past, but the future is just how things would run if nobody messes with it.

My players would be disappointed, if not indeed furious, if the game was run with the logic that some people and events are part of a timeline, and can't be changed no matter what.

To me that's no fun. I much prefer having young Yareel with w3 skills take her chanses at the siege of Boldhome at 1602, and let the dice fall where they may.

For this type of gaming, I (and others like me) need more information on key NPC:s than "he's a tough hombre who will tear down the moon in the future". The Ship of the Sky skenario did just this, giving us thke plot of the dragonrise, and the people who can do it. Now, if this comes up, I can run the same scenario with different people if the event comes up that way (or at all). Too bad the actual negotiation with the dragon was censored.

  -Adept