Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_KakMrQejfcCiD1yUmo197ipKoiB1Q4fuSfJmznVXEaMrPm06hSA2mo6uzqra_NtfQzV>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:39:27 -0000

*Argh!* :)

> The discussion in question was the one about how fast character
> advance and what the general power level is for different campaigns.
> I was fascinated by the variants, and rather astonished at the high
> levels of some characters.

Personally I didn't say anything about the 15w5 numbers because I don't think it would have helped in any way.

But for what it's worth, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see the stats _you_ would put down for them at this point of time. I'd like numbers that fit the rest of the published numbers at this point. Character advancement is a horrible can of worms anyway, and I'd rather fiddle with advancement that to keep fiddling with major characters.

<snip>
> For temporary guidelines--Mastery4 is the human max in my game.
> Harrek and JarEel. That is, I repeat, my game. YGWV.

This is certainly how I've been scaling things since HQ came out, and even more so since I got arcane lore. I find the inflation some people seem to need very confusing, but parhaps it's because of the experience system? I like the slow saga-system myself, so this is not a problem for me.

For my (obvious by now parhaps) opinion, I'd like to see some detail on the Heroes and Superheroes on the same scale as the presented stats of Kallyr Starbrow and Broyan have been. Some people may need to add a mastery or two because of their take on the HQ system, but at least they will have the relative ability levels as a quide.

  -Adept