Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: jongjom2003 <JonGJoM_at_Vru6lEcGc-czKYdgEawWfeYu95QOoyZWQgKc84pY9mKNgEjv5kL-RoJ5I4uv_ci13ktG>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:30:01 -0000

> > Making all the numbers subjective is a poor solution, and really
takes
> > a lot out of the gamesystem in my opinion.
>
> That may be so, but that is a fact. Greg's 4M4 rating works ONLY for
> Greg's games. Doesn't work for mine, David Dunham's, or yours.
> That's because in HQ every gaming group will accumulate Hero Points at
> different rates, spend them at different rates, and so on.
>
> I strongly endorse David Dunham's approach. He knows what he is
> talking about.

Issaries can dictate a standard scale (Greg's comment on W4 being the human maximum is useful to know). Most people are capable of adjusting official stats to their own approach (e.g. +/- 1 w).

A game system without a scale, unable to stat out or describe the games main protagonists does not inspire. After all HQ was meant to be the game that could describe the mighty and powerful. Why does HQ fear to tread where RQ has gone before and stat out powerful entities?

Jon