Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_rmc5rnCerVLSdYC9w2tzmy-hYmj0v9WVR1tD1EfBx1J_VrvG_G7NwoxIz96TSta1a28->
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:38:49 -0000

> Issaries can dictate a standard scale (Greg's comment on W4 being the
> human maximum is useful to know). Most people are capable of adjusting
> official stats to their own approach (e.g. +/- 1 w).

Honestly, within the rules system Issaries cannot "dictate" a standard scale. They can give ratings that show the comparative values of various entities - although David's approach is preferable IMO.

> A game system without a scale, unable to stat out or describe the games
> main protagonists does not inspire. After all HQ was meant to be the
> game that could describe the mighty and powerful. Why does HQ fear to
> tread where RQ has gone before and stat out powerful entities?

HQ models the mighty and powerful EXTREMELY well. It is extremely scalable and has allowed me to model my players assisting King Broyan fighting atop the dread Crimson Bat itself. It models mythic events far far far far better than RQ. However, its scalability is specific to YOUR campaign and players.

Jeff